The Best of The RGOC Podcasts

Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Wonder of it All

Ever imagine yourself in the future? I'm not speaking of time travel or anything that futuristic. I mean do you ever imagine yourself being the person you want to be in all aspects of your life? Like having all your past due bills paid, or finally finishing that last chapter on the book you're writing, or at last getting the job you wanted and needed so badly. All of these things are great and can be fantastic ego boosters. When you have spent so much of your time chugging away diligently trying to make a successful go at it, and even when it seemed as if it was never going to work out; suddenly everything is coming up roses.

I know that I have sat up late at night with my calculator and my pile of bills and borrowed from Peter to pay Paul. I have juggled numbers and prayed over my finances, and I've anointed my wallet with my anointing oil. I have searched through empty purses for left behind dollar bills and loose change. I have rationed out my gas usage and stayed home when I wanted to go out; just to have enough to last until I could afford to buy more.

And then there's my writing career. I've studied online writing techniques, downloaded files and DIY books and done thousands of searches and crawled many a website trying to learn how to write basic HTML code, design my own websites, create new blogs, and research information on how to keep the content fresh and interesting. All of this for no pay, but for something much more valuable right now; exposure. Getting my name out there and recognized. Building my presence online and driving traffic to my sites. Its a never-ending and tiresome task, but completely necessary to be successful.

Ah, the price of success! I figure that the money will come later. I have every confidence that it will. I don't have to be a millionaire. I'll be thrilled to be a "thousandnaire". But I want to build an audience, and a following that will always be there for me. I want to have readers who love my work, and who get excited about reading my work. I want them to see my name and know that they will read quality and exceptional work that is associated with that name.

The late nights, the broken nails and aching fingers, the tired eyes are all a part of the journey, and a part of the quest.The sheer determination not to give up or quit but to keep on pushing has to keep you going.

I'm on my way, thanks to you. To each of you who log onto this site, and stay here long enough to read through the posts and the other pages, I say a heartfelt and sincere "Thank you"! Keep reading and I'll keep writing.



No comments: